Even if your home looks the cleanest it can be, bad smells give it a sense of poor hygiene and can make it uncomfortable to be in. The bad thing is that your nose can gradually get accustomed to the bad odors and not notice them anymore.
It’s not like anybody would stink their house on purpose, though. One makes a slight omission here or there, and bad odors start to slowly seep until covering entire rooms.
Luckily, there are ways to remove those foul odors from your home. Keep reading to find out how!
How to eliminate foul smells in your house
There are a ton of commercial products out there that claim to get rid of nasty smells in your house. However, the truth is that they only mask those odors, leaving a mixed scent of perfume and stink.
If you don’t want to search through hundreds of “fresheners” and want to save time and money, here are the best natural hacks to kill bad smells.
Remove bad odors from your kitchen
The kitchen can be one of the smelliest places at home due to all the food and waste. So, learn how to tackle the issue with these hacks:
- Baking soda: Baking soda not only cleans stains effortlessly but also has odor-absorbent properties that will help you with foul smells. Spread a thin layer on a container and leave it inside your fridge or trash can.
- Citrus zest: Citrus makes a great freshener for your garbage disposal. Just throw in some peels and let the shredder do its work. Additionally, you can pour lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
Get rid of nasty smells in your living room
As the place where you might spend most of your time and a guest hub of sorts, your living room is one of the last areas you want to smell like used socks. These hacks will help you take care of the odors:
- Potpourri: Put some dried petals, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and orange peels on a shallow plate. Besides filling your room with a fresh scent, the potpourri will look great on your tabletop.
- Coffee grounds: If you want something equally effective but more discrete to the eye, a container with coffee grounds (or beans) will do the trick.
Eliminate the stink in your bedroom
A fresh and clean bedroom is essential for your physical and mental well-being. Say goodbye to nasty odors with these tips:
- Dryer sheets: For musty smells in your drawer, take the clothes out and put some dryer sheets inside. Dryer sheets will absorb the humidity and the odor with it—get some scented ones for a fresher smell.
- Tea bags: For stale odors in your closet, hang inside a few tea bags (better if they contain strong scents like chai or cloves). Tea bags absorb the bad smells while freshening the air in your closet.
The best way to get rid of lingering odors
If there is a stubborn smell that just doesn’t seem to go away, you may need a thorough cleaning. At Shine Bright MV House Cleaning, we can help you! Book with us, and our reliable cleaners will deliver top-notch quality cleaning with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!